Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pizza Waffles

I am an avid Stumbler. By avid, I mean obsessed. Anyhow. I stumbled upon a recipe that blew my mind. Pizza Waffles! This is genius. As with any recipe I come across, it is subject to my interpretation. Here is what you will need for my version:
-2 cans of refrigerated crescent rolls
-small jar of pizza sauce (or leftover marinara sauce from a previous dinner)
-shredded cheese of your choice ( I used a mexican blend)
-pepperonis (or not)
-garlic powder
-some sort of oil spray
-and of course, a waffle iron

Carefully open your can of crescent rolls. Mine didn't open when I peeled the paper, so I had to jam a butter knife into the seam. Naturally, causing a near fatal explosion. Once you calm down from the recent heart condition you developed after opening the can, pull the roll apart at the perforated center. set one half aside and unroll the other half.
Photobucket

You should get 4 trianglish shapes. As you can see, mine were more abstract. Stupid Food Lion generic bullshit. Any how, mash up 2 triangles forming rectangle. Repeat with the other two (or three) tria.. er shapes.
Photobucket

Once you get something that looks like this, you will want to sprinkle one side of each rectangle with garlic powder. I must have been sensing a vampire attack so I put a shit ton on mine. I think a light sprinkle should be enough, though.
Photobucket

Flip one rectangle over and spread about a teaspoon of sauce not quite to the edge
Photobucket

Add the cheese like so. And pepperonis, if you fancy those.
Photobucket

Place the 2nd rectangle, garlic side up on top and smoosh the edges together
Photobucket

I should have said at some point before now to get your waffle iron heated up, so yeah, you might wanna do that. Whatever setting you make your waffles on is good so no need to change any settings or anything.

Spray your super awesome antique waffle iron with whatever oil spray you have. Oh your waffle iron isn't cool like mine? My bad. Best freecycle request EVER!
Photobucket

Gently place your waffle masterpiece in the hot iron. Without injury, try to get it as close to the back as you can. Well whaddaya know? Looks like my waffle iron was MADE for this recipe. Perfect fit!
Photobucket

Close your lid, but DO NOT PUSH IT DOWN! You will lose all your cheesy goodness to the side of the waffle iron. The weight of the lid alone should be just enough to do the job.
Photobucket

My light turns green when my waffle is done. If yours doesn't, well, I have no clue what to tell you. Just peek at it after about 2 minutes. When it looks done, it probably is. Carefully remove it and plop that bad mamma jamma on a plate
Photobucket

Let it cool for a minute. Slice it into fours, and serve with some pizza sauce for dipping.
Photobucket

Happy Customers! Except Jazz. She looks kind of horrified that she has to put food in her mouth.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment