Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Let's begin at the beginning

Well, I suppose I should start with telling a bit about myself. I am a 30 year old, divorced, mother of three little girls. I spent more than half of my life in the suburbs of our nation's capital. Adjusting to a rural way of life, still, after 13 years. I have a feeling this blog will be all over the place. I am compelled to spill out my entire life's story right at this moment, but do not worry. I will spare you that overload of info in this first post. Plus, there is laundry in the corner of the wash room and I can hear it mocking me.
I call myself a Domestic Engineer. Better known as the stay-at-home mom. Domestic Engineer actually makes people think I have a fancy shmancy job where I make a shit ton of money. At least, that's what I would assume. Stay-at-home mom's, in my opinion, don't get the respect they deserve. We work 24/7/365 and then some. No holidays, no sick days. Moms are not allowed to get sick, didn't you know? I have always dreamed of being able to have this title. I have always dreamed of being a mother. A wife. I hope to again be a wife. Someday. In the future. The very near future.
I am currently living with my boyfriend of over four years. My state is one of seven that considers this a punishable crime. Yet another reason I can bring to the table of why he should get off his procrastinating ass and marry me. Anyhoo.... he is a wonderful man. Referring to him as my boyfriend just seems juvenile to me. But that is another post worthy subject. We share a child together and he has accepted my other two as his own. He is supportive and sensitive. Hardworking and smart. And he is the sexiest dork I have ever laid eyes upon.
I have three amazing little ladies. One 8, one 6 and one 2.5 going on 35. They are pretty damn awesome kids. They break my heart and break my stuff, but I couldn't love anyone anymore than I could love them. They are the reason I smile, the reason I cry, and the reason I have so much passion for life itself.
Everyday of my life is an adventure. These are the Blueprints to the future I am building.


2 comments:

  1. I adore this particular post.... kudos. I can tell Im going to be busy here for a while....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want to start a damn blog! There is just soo much about my life that can't be written about without explaining my effed up past! But anyhow, you blog is awesome, I just read every post you've written. Love it! Particularly the douche-bag post, lol.

    ReplyDelete